For someone who will refuse to eat a Banana as is (insert all the jokes), I sure do use them in a lot of my recipes and this peanut butter banana bread is one of my favourites. It’s SO easy, I often bake it on a Sunday eve and it will keep all week for me to slowly make my way through. I pop slices in my bag to nibble on between rehearsals, jobs, after the gym and am always grateful for this delicious pick me up and it’s totally vegan.
100g coconut oil (melted)
100g fructose sugar (you can also use soft brown sugar, or other sweetening agents such as whole earth’s sweeter granules)
120g peanut butter (I use pip and nut)
250g ripe, peeled, mashed bananas
150g ground almonds
2sp baking powder
A pinch of salt
Flaxeggs – two tablespoons of Flax seeds, soaked in 4 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes.
Pecans/Dark Chocolate/Walnuts/anything yummy you want to pop inside!
1. Preheat your oven to 160/ c and line a 1lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Combine the melted coconut oil with your choice of sugar and the ‘flax eggs’ (anyone else think that is a seriously gross name) and mix into a paste.
3. Add the peanut butter and mashed bananas and beat until smooth.
4. Now to sort the consistency, add the ground almonds, pinch of salt and baking powder. Beat until everything is combined.
5. Now things are up to you, add some nuts, extra chocolate (loving earth and ombar are my favourites), sliced bananas, whatever takes your fancy and stir them through the mixture.
6. Transfer into your loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Slice and enjoy!