Okay, so I think I may be slightly addicted to Pret’s new-ish (VEGAN) dark chocolate and almond butter cookie. Let me tell you a very sad story: during my last show Pret temporarily discontinued the chocolatey goodness, I searched high and low in ALL of the Pret’s in the vicinity of my theatre. Alas…there were none to be found. I’d like to suggest that this sudden disappearance, something so good taken away from me with no prior warning, has seriously added to my trust issues. It was at this point I decided I could not rely on the cookie to always be there for me and it was time to take matters into my own hands…and kitchen. So, here you have it guys, my Vegan Dark Chocolate and Almond Butter Cookie Recipe. (I’d like to add that when I posted that I was doing this even Pret slid into my DMs so I felt that a. the challenge was on. b. I’ve made it in life…).
90g Vegan Butter (I use Vitalite)
100g Caster Sugar
100g Soft Brown Sugar
40g Crunchy Almond Butter (Or any crunchy nut butter of your choice)
55g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
125g Plain Flour
Little Pinch of salt
Splash of a dairy free milk (I use Rude Health. )
120g Vegan Dark Chocolate (I use Seed and Bean dark choc and sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line 2 baking trays with Parchment.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter sugar mix.
- Add in your splash of milk along with your nut butter and mix. The dough should be quite squidgy and stick together easily.
- Now add in your chocolate chunks, leaving a few on the side to press into the cookies.
- Separate your mixture into about 12 small balls and spread evenly onto your baking tray.
- Press a Chocolate chunk into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies will still be very soft, but they will firm up a little as they cool, making them easy to eat.